Monday, December 10, 2007

The Tempest

Last weeks Tempest came round full circle over the week-end. The wind and heavy rain battered the cover of the swimming pool leaving it half on the bottom and half covering the garden. The last of the leaves from the oaks in the woods came down choking the pool.

As last week the next day broke calm and sunny so this mornings task was to clear the pool, refit the cover and make new elastic fasteners. Luckily I'd seen the impending storm and had turned the pump off, so no damage was done to the system.

Another side effect of the frequent storms we get here is that the not very legal TV satelite system doesn't work, so apart from French football (of which I am enamoured) there's nothing to watch. As luck would have it a friend had sent me a DVD made up from some old cam-corder footage from the mid-90s. This we ran early Sunday evening and sod me the very first clip was of me clearing out leaves and recueing the swimming pool cover. (the friend whos film it was is a frequent visitor but likes to keep out of the way when there's work about; hence the passion, I suspect, for amateur film making).

As the film played the youngest boy said " Cor! weren't you thin then". It's true I was. Over 10/12 years I've let myself become a FAT old fart and I've got to do something about it!

So that's my fucking new year resolution sorted!

No comments: