Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Health Matters

I've been on 3 monthly check up visits to my "medicin generalist" (whom we would call GP) for nearly 10 years, when I'd had a mild heart attack. But I can't count myself a proper patient yet, to qualify as such, one has to be seen leaving the pharmicists proudly clutching a bulging carrier bag full of prescribed medicines and tablets. My pathetic haul each month fits into a small plastic bag not much larger than an envelope; I have to edge out of the door and make a dash for the car in the hope that no one who knows me will see me.

Things are looking up a bit, as this month he prescribed an extra daily tablet, an anti-allergy non sombulent pill, whilst not promoting me to carrier bag status it does have an impressive list of potential side effects. They are tiredness,dry mouth, head aches, shortness of breath, bronchial wheezing, itching skin, hives, swelling, skin eruptions, palpitations, rapid heart beat, stomach upset, nausia, vomitting, heavyness of stomach, diarihia, vertigo, insomnia, muscular pain, hallucinations, epileptic fits, trembling and inflamation of the liver.

What ever my symptoms were that caused him to prescribe this pill,they've been cured by just reading the blurb.

No comments: