Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A New Coat

The eldest grandson is 14 and big with it, weighing in at over 14 stone (90 Kilos). This summer he used part of his summer holiday pocket money to buy a winter coat in the hyper-market. I was quite impressed with it and said so,as I can't stand multi coloured stripey things. Further I won't wear things with 3 bars,ticks,little people or even crocodiles, certainly would never pay for a garment with a logo on.

AND YES!!! I was one of those annoying people, who, when asked to pay for a shopping bag, delayed the queue in the supermarket by turning them inside out, whilst muttering about "not paying for gratuitous advertising".

Anyway, back to the summer, as the 2 boys were getting their things into the car on the way to the airport I said to the eldest " Ere! you've forgotten your new coat" "No" he said "Mum said she'll take us to get new winter coats when we get home and I don't want to upset her! You can have it."

So in this cold spell I've been wearing my new coat, Black, no stripes, colours or badges of any sort, perfect. Apart from one thing I noticed this morning for the first time; it buttons up the wrong way. It's a ladies coat !!! So thats why he didn't want to wear it to school!

By co-incidence my previous new coat was also a free-bee. Order 2 items from the mail order catalogue and get a luxurious winter coat free! So I ordered 2 packs of Tea Towels, which duly arrived with the coat, which met all the criteria, single colour,no badges etc. Only the one small snag, the buttons were on the wrong side! Yes, obviously only ladies order Tea Towels.

I take slight consolation from the fact that I am the only early morning dog walker in the village with a choice of winter coats to wear when no-one else can see us!

No comments: