Monday, November 5, 2007

The Marathon

Yesterday was the day of the villages annual marathon race and it meant that my normal access to the footpaths was blocked off to allow the entrants a warm-up area. For the morning walk it was necessary to drive round and through another village to get to the footpaths. On the way back they were setting up a refreshment point at the half way mark and laying out tresle tables with paper cups to be filled with water,soft drinks or sports drinks.

This being France, on the corner of one table there was a bloke busily opening bottles of wine!

Part of the route the runners took covered the same footpath I walked that morning and I followed the distance markers to prove that the walk from the Metro station to the football ground is easily undertaken, so I shall book a hotel near the Metro. Problem solved I hope

No comments: